Let’s answer a pressing question which a new patient recently emailed in asking for the answer to:
(And lets see if we can get YOU a bit more flexible and feeling healthier in the process…)
“Paul, what exercises can I do to loosen up and improve flexibility in my lower back? It would also be good to tone up too!”
– Hayley, 62, Pinchinthorpe
Where do I begin!…
A stiff back and a lack of flexibility is a problem for most people, and the downside is that it only gets worse as we gracefully grow older.
And because a lot of us spend so much of our time sitting, and little time moving about, a tight back creeps up on us as a consequence, leaving us unable to bend and stretch as easily as we once could.
So, would you like to know what you can do about it?
Even better, would you like to find out how you can tone up at the EXACT same time as well?
Great! Read on as I’m about to tell you…
If you asked me to admit what type of exercise makes the biggest difference to your body and leaves feeling great, I’d tell you Pilates… (and Yoga)
I’m such a huge fan of this exercise in fact that I believe people should take part in Pilates at least once a week. (Just ask any of our physios – they’ll tell you the same thing!)
We’re such huge fans that a couple of years ago one of our physios, (Sammy), opened up her very own classes, ‘Pilates With A Touch Of Yoga’, aimed at helping people aged 40+ develop more tone, and live with more flexibility.
And it’s a HUGE hit!
But, more importantly, those are not the only benefits Sammy’s students see, people experience other things like:
– Living with less back pain
– Their shoulders aren’t as tense as they used to be
– Less aches in their neck
– Able to move and bend a lot easier…
– Able to put their socks and shoes on easily (without having to struggle by sitting and bending down awkwardly)
– Walk and sit for longer periods of time, with a healthier and more confident looking posture
– And even being able to play with their grandchildren on the floor and reach under the sofa for lost toys with a lot more ease!
Now, because Sammy’s classes were so popular each week and in such high demand, she was struggling to fit everyone in the room!
But the good news for you, is that Sammy has solved this by opening up another class.
So if you’ve been wanting to try something new this year… (and improve your posture AND tone up too!)
You can find out more about Sammy’s classes here in Guisborough:
You can also contact Sammy directly by emailing her here:
P.S. Please don’t be expecting to touch your toes right away…
As with any improvement that comes from being more active, you’re going to have to stay on track and be committed to your goals to feel the results – but they’ll soon start to happen the sooner you begin!
Next time I see you, I expect you to be able to touch your toes… with your hands on the floor 😉
If you want more tips on ways to loosen up a stiff lower back click here: http://www.paulgoughphysio.com/back-pain to pick up your special FREE report.
- What Is Taping And How Can It Aid Recovery From Injury? - March 6, 2023
- How To Get Better Sleep If You Have Neck Pain - February 28, 2023
- Discover The Benefits Of Cupping Therapy As An Alternative To Massage - February 20, 2023