Here’s a simple question for you to ponder: Why would YOU choose a career in physiotherapy? I’d guess there’s lots of reasons. Here at the Paul Gough Physio Rooms we fully understand exactly why you opted for this profession.
Do you want to deliver hands on care and change people’s lives for the better? Perhaps it’s about getting people back to playing with their grandchildren, or out on the golf course every weekend?
We keep patients at the heart of everything we do, delivering an outstanding service to every individual that comes through our door, with one outcome: to get them back to doing what they love most.
That’s where you come in as a sports therapist… and we want you to become a part of our team in helping deliver that around the North East!
You’ll provide an immediate response when sport and exercise-related injuries occur and will rehabilitate the patient back to full fitness. You’ll also provide advice and support to help prevent injuries from happening in the first place.
Patients can be adults or children who are involved in sport or fitness at amateur or professional level, or those who take part for general fitness and recreational purposes.
If injuries or health-related issues go beyond your scope of practice, you’ll refer the patient to an appropriate healthcare professional.
If this sounds like you and somewhere you want to be, complete the form on this page and let’s talk!
WHO WE ARE
We’re a private, multi-site clinic – you will find us in Hartlepool, Darlington, Guisborough and Durham. We pride ourselves on being able to give each person who comes through our door specialist, hands-on treatment, with an allocated slot solely for them to work through the issues they are facing.
The Paul Gough Physio Rooms started in 2007, built on Paul’s belief that physiotherapy isn’t just physiotherapy. As he walked away from his position as a first-team physiotherapist in professional football, Paul wanted to build a unique place where clients become friends and stay with us for more than just the care.
“We don’t just fix the problem, we get our people back to doing what they love doing the most”
WHAT WE DO
As a company we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional patient care, as well as giving our therapists plenty of opportunities and openings to develop their clinical skills and further their career.
We are very community based with our thinking and regularly put on health classes and workshops for our clients and the general public.
“We want to give every physiotherapist the opportunity to be the best therapist they can be”
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
We’re extremely passionate about building a world-class culture and developing our team both personally and professionally. Your personal development will be at the forefront of what we do, with a commitment to weekly continuous professional development meetings when we close the clinics for the morning. Our senior team of physios lead the way, with an open forum for everyone to listen, watch and learn.
THE ROLE AND KEY DUTIES
- Conduct a fitness-level assessment on patients involved in sport and exercise and advise on exercises and treatment based on your assessment.
- Test joints for ease and range of movement, pain, and dysfunction.
- Mentally and physically prepare sports people before a competition and use strapping, taping and massage techniques where necessary.
- Examine and assess injuries and determine whether the sport and exercise participant can continue safely with the event or activity.
- Treat and manage injuries to alleviate pain.
- Rehabilitate injuries by using manual therapy techniques, exercise, and therapeutic methods.
- Design and monitor rehabilitation programmes appropriate to the injury and / or sport, lifestyle, and level.
- Decide whether extra treatments are needed and coordinate referrals to other practitioners or refer to a physio for further examination.
- Work both alone and with your colleagues, trainers and / or fitness advisers to implement exercise, conditioning, core stability and injury prevention programmes, so that our patients can reach and maintain their goals.
- Liaise with other therapists to gain knowledge and support where needed.
- To always deliver outstanding customer service.
- To help create an environment where our team and contracted personnel enjoy themselves whilst at work.
- To always be an ambassador of Paul Gough Physio Rooms.
- Have an expectation to work early morning, late weekdays and weekends subject to working contract.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures in the Health and Safety, Employee and Company Procedures handbooks are adhered to.
- Be responsible for adhering to and maintaining the Paul Gough brand standard.
- To drive and maximise secondary spend revenue (upselling / products).
- To ensure the clinic’s facilities are of the highest standard of cleanliness.
- Ensure sufficient stock levels on site for all.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties / projects / meetings, that may be required.
If you’re reading this and thinking “this job is for me!” then what’s the hold up? Complete the form on this page, and let’s talk!Return To Careers Page
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Fill out this simple form to start your application process: