Clinic Update 07-06-2023: Due to long waiting lists
on the NHS, physio demand in the North East is exceptionally high. Our appointments are limited due
to the severe demand, please contact us as soon as possible.
Neck and Shoulder Pain
How To Ease Annoying, Daily, Irritating Neck and Shoulder Pain Naturally - Before It Gets Any Worse...
When it comes to living with Neck and Shoulder Pain, everybody we see wants to know:
“Why is this happening to me?”...
“Why am I still suffering with neck and shoulder pain after putting up with it for 6 months - sometimes more?”...
Most people think that when they get Neck or Shoulder Pain, the pain is going to go away on its own. That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if it never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with nagging pain even worse than it was when it came on.
Does that sound like you?
Another scenario we see all the time in our physio clinic is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers” to “see how it goes” - but then 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the same Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better, only to be given ANOTHER prescription of even stronger pills.
Has That Ever happened to you?
Maybe you are confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have a neck problem - but it’s actually your shoulder where the problem is? It’s a very confusing part of the body to work out where the problem is, and this often leads people to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their Neck and Shoulder pain. Worse, many people just end just accepting it as ‘part of life’ - as if it’s normal, as if it “has” to be that way.
Is This How You Feel?
If you’re currently living with neck and or shoulder pain, here’s 7 more reasons why it could be lasting longer than it should:
- 1. You thought it would go away on it’s own - but it didn’t
- 2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers - but the pills did nothing to help, and as soon as they wore off Neck and Shoulder Pain struck again
A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets Neck and Shoulder pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
- 4. You seeked help from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physio in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
- 5. You’ve tried using things like heat pads or TENS but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain better
- 6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Neck or Shoulder pain was so bad, but it still irritates you daily
- 7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term…
If any of these have happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our Physios to find out what can be to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things, means that we know what doesn’t work - which means we are closer to finding what DOES. Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice:
The next thing people ask us all the time is this:
“What Can You Do To Get Rid Of Neck/Shoulder Pain?”...
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
- 1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse
- 2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease your neck and/or shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
Avoid sitting and sleeping in awkward positions - ever woken up with a painful neck? Or, after a long day spent sitting felt tightness in your shoulders? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to neck and/or shoulder pain is sitting with bad posture, and sleeping in awkward positions. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- 4. Get real, “hands-on” Physio - Physio is proven to help people with neck and shoulder pain. In fact at the Paul Gough Physio Rooms it’s one of the most common issues we see. If your neck and/or shoulder pain is affecting your job, if your sleep is disturbed by tightness or tension in your shoulder, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - Physiotherapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physiotherapy team at Paul Gough Physio Rooms can help you live with less neck or shoulder pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics in Darlington, Durham, Guisborough or Hartlepool:
How can choosing to see a Physiotherapist at Paul Gough Physio Rooms, help you get rid of Neck and/or Shoulder pain?
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your shoulder pain once and for all - often inside 20 minutes
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful nights sleep - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you put an end to needing to take all of those painkillers which are obviously not very good for your long-term health
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your shoulder pain once and for all
- We can help you avoid dangerous neck or shoulder surgery - and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room...
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that neck and shoulder pain has taken from you...
- We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right
- Basically… the Physiotherapy Team at Paul Gough Physio Rooms can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying and chronic neck and shoulder pain
We have over 125 reviews on Google and a 5 star rating across each of our four North East clinics, and lots of patient testimonial videos on our YouTube channel.
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have at our clinics in Darlington, Durham, Guisborough or Hartlepool, then please just click the button below and complete the short form.
Please enjoy watching these videos of other people who came to see the Physiotherapy Team at Paul Gough Physio Rooms - and left much healthier and happier within just a couple of weeks: